Thursday, April 13, 2023

While Waiting

While Waiting

Titus 2: 11 For God has revealed his grace for the salvation of all people. 12 That grace instructs us to give up ungodly living and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this world, 13 as we wait for the blessed Day we hope for, when the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ will appear. 14 He gave himself for us, to rescue us from all wickedness and to make us a pure people who belong to him alone and are eager to do good.

15 Teach these things and use your full authority as you encourage and rebuke your hearers. Let none of them look down on you.

 

============

 

Looking at the clock, I noticed that I still had hours remaining before I could leave. I was bored and it was bright and sunny outside. I stared out the window for a moment, hoping that time had sped up miraculously. I looked at the clock again and only a few minutes passed. “This is taking forever!” I thought to myself.

 

  • I wanted to be done with what I was doing.
  • I was getting impatient, because I had “nothing” to do.
  • It seemed like time had slowed down because I wanted something different to happen.

 

Paul spoke about the revelation of JESUS and HIS power to provide salvation to all who believe in HIM. He provides words of hope that someday JESUS will appear again. But until then, “grace instructs us” to live a life that is pleasing to GOD.

 

My Observations

  • Even though I am not seeing something happening, doesn’t mean GOD is not working.
  • Abundant life happens when I live for GOD the way HE wants me to.
  • GOD has plenty for me to do while I wait on JESUS to return.

 

Waiting on the LORD is difficult, especially for the impatient. I mean, HE did not give a day or time when HE is coming back. This makes it feel like the hours pass by slower and slower as I wait for the LORD to end all problems, pains and trials. BUT GOD has a remedy for my impatience and boredom.

 

HE gives me tasks to seek HIS kingdom in preparation for the return of our LORD and Savior JESUS CHRIST. HE wants me to live a life that not only pleases HIM, but draws people back to HIM. The world has appeal in ways that draw people away from HIM and HE wants all to be saved. I gladly give my time to the LORD and I patiently wait on HIM by doing HIS work.

 

Challenge

  • What “Day” does the writer speak of?
  • Have you ever waited on something and it seemed like it would take forever to arrive?
  • Will you seek GOD’s Kingdom and give your life to HIM so HE will give you tasks to serve HIM with abundant life while you wait on HIS return?

No comments:

Post a Comment