Thursday, April 27, 2023

Return Experienced

 

Return Experienced

Philemon 1: 15 It may be that Onesimus was away from you for a short time so that you might have him back for all time. 16 And now he is not just a slave, but much more than a slave: he is a dear brother in Christ. How much he means to me! And how much more he will mean to you, both as a slave and as a brother in the Lord!

 

============

 

Anxious to grow up, I would not wait to be on my own. When I got out into the world, life was not quite as I expected. It had brutal turns and difficult situations. There were times when I had lost hope. But that’s when people reached out to me inviting me to church. A change was presented to me well enough for me to understand and take action.

 

  • Things were not going well for me, so I had to change.
  • My life was falling apart, so I needed something different.
  • Life was more difficult than I thought, so I needed some help that was greater than any human could provide.

 

Paul sends the equivalent of a reference letter to Philemon on behalf of Onesimus. He tells Philemon that Onesimus has experienced life in CHRIST and is now a different “employee” because of his belief. Paul wants Philemon to see Onesimus as more than an employee, rather someone who has experienced life and can help others by spreading the Gospel.

 

My Observations

  • Life can be difficult, BUT GOD is always the answer.
  • Life can seem scary and present multiple troubles, BUT GOD is always there with me presenting solutions.
  • Life can seem unfair because of my belief in CHRIST, BUT GOD explains to me that I will sometimes be persecuted because of JESUS.

 

Some situations caused by other humans are rotten. I mean, there are some situations that are out of my control that affect me and I feel helpless. BUT GOD is there to provide hope. HE picks me up and shows me that I am protected by HIM.

 

HE safely guides me through life’s experiences and grows my faith along the way. After I have gone through something, I can return to others and help guide him or her through that same thing. I am grateful GOD provides HIS plan for me and guides me through life’s experiences.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer appeal to the recipient?
  • Have you ever had a difficult experience and came through it?
  • What advice would you give people who are going through a similar situation?
  • Will you take your life’s experiences and guide others to GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment