Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Reliability

Reliability

Titus 2: Slaves are to submit themselves to their masters and please them in all things. They must not talk back to them 10 or steal from them. Instead, they must show that they are always good and faithful, so as to bring credit to the teaching about God our Savior in all they do.

 

============

 

Ugh! I thought as I saw the word “slaves” again. But then I realized this was a term used by the writer as a voluntary action to repay debt or to gain payment. With that context of being an “employee” I remember stealing copies at work for doing my personal stuff. I also remember taking other office supplies and saying “This company makes billions. They won’t miss a couple of rubber bands and paperclips.” I then talked bad about several bosses I felt were underperforming.

 

  • I justified my theft.
  • I was taking their stuff and making it mine.
  • I was involved in slander when I talked about other people.

 

Paul urged “slaves” to be reliable. He urged Titus to convince everyone to do the work as prescribed to be an example of our LORD and Savior in all they do.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to give my all when I work for someone.
  • Whether I am employed or have my own business, I should be an example of GOD.
  • Other employees or my customers need CHRIST too.

 

Being reliable is a mindset. I mean, jobs expect me to show up on time, do the work and manage stuff that is not mine in exchange for a paycheck. Sounds reasonable. But some people have taken advantage of other humans and not paid him or her fairly or at all. In this passage, I believe the writer was speaking about a job where pay was fair.

 

It helps me to understand the problem given to me to solve and to work to the best of my ability to solve that problem, reliably. Character is necessary because those who I work for cannot always be present. I gladly work for GOD in all I do.

 

Challenge

  • How do you feel about the writer’s words?
  • Have you ever worked on a job and justified your stealing or slander?
  • Will you consider your work as an effort GOD sees and loves and rewards you for?

No comments:

Post a Comment