Thursday, March 23, 2023

Global Perspective

Global Perspective

2 Timothy 4: Do your best to come to me soon. 10 Demas fell in love with this present world and has deserted me, going off to Thessalonica. Crescens went to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia. 11 Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, because he can help me in the work. 12 I sent Tychicus to Ephesus. 13 When you come, bring my coat that I left in Troas with Carpus; bring the books too, and especially the ones made of parchment.

 

============

 

“Why would anyone leave this country?” I said out loud. I then defended my position by saying “We got mountains, forests, beaches, deserts and snow for vacation. We have homeless and unsaved people here. Why go anyplace else?” Then a pastor asked me to go with a group to another country. There I saw different needs that were cultural.

 

  • I had no idea other people had needs.”
  • I saw the world from “my” perspective.
  • I never thought I would travel around the world telling people about CHRIST.

 

Saul had a local mission to kill people who followed JESUS. BUT GOD blinded him, healed him and gave him a new mission to preach about JESUS to the Gentiles. He went all over spreading the Gospel of JESUS versus persecuting the church. He was given a global perspective.

 

My Observation

  • GOD wants all people to be saved.
  • GOD wants me to participate in telling people about HIS SON locally, semi-locally and abroad.
  • GOD sees other people who look different than me as HIS children.

 

Having a global perspective is hard to do without exposure. I mean, when I lived comfortably in my neighborhood, people looked and acted like me. I had no idea what other cultures were going through as barriers to believing in JESUS. BUT GOD wanted me to see more.

 

HE orchestrated interactions that were combative at first and then said, “Look at people the way I see them.” HIS love was without prejudice or hatred. HE loves everyone so much that JESUS died for all sins. I gladly open my eyes to GOD’s perspective of wanting everyone saved.

 

Challenge

  • Do you see the global perspective of the writer?
  • What are the needs you can fulfill in other cultures?
  • Will you use your gifts and talents in a local, semi-local and global way for the LORD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment