Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Opposition

Opposition

2 Timothy 3: Some of them go into people's houses and gain control over weak women who are burdened by the guilt of their sins and driven by all kinds of desires, women who are always trying to learn but who can never come to know the truth. As Jannes and Jambres were opposed to Moses, so also these people are opposed to the truth—people whose minds do not function and who are failures in the faith. But they will not get very far, because everyone will see how stupid they are. That is just what happened to Jannes and Jambres.

 

============

 

Trying to live a life that followed JESUS was hard. I had built a reputation of being the “fun” person. I used to hold parties and spread “fun” wherever I went. But when I tried to turn my life over to the LORD, I went back to the people who loved me for my party prowess and was met with opposition.

 

  • I was no longer part of the in crowd I longed to be part of.
  • I no longer fit in the world I had put together for myself.
  • I did not expect how difficult it would be to change my life for CHRIST.

 

Paul continues to warn Timothy about people who oppose the Gospel and prey on those who may have had difficult lives. He gives a specific spiritual example of Jannes and Jambres, magicians who tried to oppose Moses. While their attempt seem to work, GOD intervened and ultimately they failed.

 

My Observations

  • Opposition to the LORD form other people is not something I should be worried about.
  • If someone chooses to oppose the LORD for his or her own purpose, GOD wants me to remain near to HIM and know their opposition is noted by HIM.
  • Opposers of the LORD will get somewhere, but not very far and will be exposed by GOD.

 

Siding with the LORD brings opposition. I mean, when I become a follower of CHRIST, the enemy throws all kinds of opposition at me that will make me question my faith, the company I keep and my direction. BUT GOD wants me to know HE has the upper hand.

 

Those who oppose GOD will be exposed and I do not need to see it happen. HIS plan for me is solid and supernatural. Those who slither and slide around like snakes, looking for complex ways to appear like the truth will ultimately “fail in the faith.” I am grateful GOD protects me from those who oppose HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What opposition do you think the writer is speaking about?
  • Have you ever tried to live for the LORD and was met with opposition?
  • Will you let go of your worry about those who oppose the LORD and know HE can handle any opposition because HE is all powerful and HIS plan for you will not fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment