Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Double Life

Double Life

2 Timothy 2: 14 Remind your people of this, and give them a solemn warning in God's presence not to fight over words. It does no good, but only ruins the people who listen. 15 Do your best to win full approval in God's sight, as a worker who is not ashamed of his work, one who correctly teaches the message of God's truth.

 

============

 

Choosing a club to go to had some thought to it. “No one would know me at this club” I thought to myself. This way I could pick someone up and no one would know it. The next day I went to Sunday School to perform my assistant duties. “Hey! Didn’t we have a great time at the club?”, someone embarrassingly exclaimed in church. I didn’t know I was seen.

 

  • I was ashamed of mentioning GOD when I was at the club.
  • I was ashamed of mentioning the club when I was at church.
  • I was ashamed of my double life.

 

Paul gives a stern warning to pass on through Timothy. Instead of having religions quarrels, “win full approval in GOD’s sight.” This requires only two things; not being ashamed and teaching correctly the message of GOD’s truth.

 

My Observations

  • My life is flawed and through GOD’s forgiveness I am made whole.
  • My life is shameful and through JESUS’ death, burial and resurrection I can live eternally.
  • My life is broken and through the HOLY SPIRIT I am put back together.

 

All of us are sinners. I mean, if anyone says “I am without sin” he or she is really lost and does not know who GOD is. But there is one who is sinless, namely JESUS. HE is the only one who can forgive me for my sins.

 

HE sent the COMFORTER to live inside me when times get difficult. HE restores my soul. I am no longer ashamed to mention JESUS every day because HE is worthy to be praised.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer mean by “full approval in GOD’s sight?”
  • Have you ever tried to please humans and what you were doing conflicts with the word of GOD?
  • Will you resolve the conflict you have with GOD and not worry about what humans think so you can be “fully approved” by HIM and teach HIS true message today?

No comments:

Post a Comment