Thursday, July 25, 2019

Come to Collect


John 6: 35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

============

Scared to answer the phone, I said “hello.” It was another bill collector asking for their money. Unfortunately, I had none and I told them just that. The next day they called back. I explained that no money had come in from yesterday’s call. The following day they called back and again and again until I paid off the debt. Wow they were relentless!

  • There were people who relentlessly pursued what I owed them.
  • There were people who spared no cost in trying to collect what was theirs from me.
  • There were people who spent their entire day looking for me to give them what I owed.


JESUS reveals HE is the Bread of Life. HE explains that if people would return to HIM, they would never hunger or thirst. HE is a different but necessary source of food. HE then explains what HE was there for.

  • JESUS became a human so HE could be murdered for me to pay my debt.
  • JESUS knew I must die because I was born into sin so HE decided to be killed in place of me.
  • JESUS said if I would come to HIM, HE would never cast me out.


GOD wants to collect those who are willing to be with HIM. HE gave us free will to choose HIM or ourselves. Those who believe that JESUS took care of all their sins will be saved. Those who do not think their sins matter or that they have not sinned at all will perish forever.

JESUS came to do the will of the FATHER which is to gather all those HE has given to HIM. HE is relentless in HIS pursuit. Ever day HE comes after me, loving me and caring for me, even when I blatantly run away from HIM. HE is the great collector. I am glad HE paid my debt.

  • What are you distracted by?
  • Are you so focused on the debts of humans that you can no longer see GOD?
  • Will you focus on your need for everlasting life and praise GOD for clearing your debt of sin today?


1 comment:

  1. Great message...more grace my beloved brother in Christ

    ReplyDelete