Friday, July 12, 2019

Set Up For Success


John 6: Now the Passover, a feast of the Jews, was near. Then Jesus lifted up His eyes, and seeing a great multitude coming toward Him, He said to Philip, “Where shall we buy bread, that these may eat?” But this He said to test him, for He Himself knew what He would do.

Philip answered Him, “Two hundred denarii worth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may have a little.”

============

Sitting in a high powered meeting, I felt prepared for a change. I had all of my facts and figures memorized and no question could get past me. One of the top executives spoke on my behalf. “We plan to do something different” were the words that shook me. I was not prepared for the change. All I could do was nod my head. To my surprise, it all worked out.

  • There have been times when I was set up for success by someone in charge.
  • There have been times when I was given credit for someone else’s idea.
  • There have been times when I was put into a situation that I was not in control of and it worked out just fine.


JESUS saw thousands of hungry people coming towards HIM and HIS disciples. HE asked Phillip “Where shall we buy bread, that these may eat?” knowing HE was about to perform a miracle. Philip replied “The money we have would only buy crumbs for everyone.” Philip did not know what GOD was going to do.

  • GOD shows me big situations so I can see HIM clear them up.
  • GOD opens my eyes to some difficult problems so I can see that only HE can fix them.
  • GOD allows me to see very large and trying circumstances so I can place my trust in HIM.


From large to small JESUS can handle it all. There is no situation that is too large or too small for GOD. HE is concerned about all of my thoughts and is not bothered when I ask HIM for anything. HE wants me to trust HIM more and more each day. I trust GOD to handle everything.

  • What are you going through?
  • Do you think you have enough resources to solve all of your problems?
  • Will you stop relying on what you can see and allow GOD to open your spiritual eyes to see HIS power today?


No comments:

Post a Comment