Friday, July 19, 2019

It Does Not Make Sense


John 6: 22 On the following day, when the people who were standing on the other side of the sea saw that there was no other boat there, except that one which His disciples had entered, and that Jesus had not entered the boat with His disciples, but His disciples had gone away alone— 23 however, other boats came from Tiberias, near the place where they ate bread after the Lord had given thanks— 24 when the people therefore saw that Jesus was not there, nor His disciples, they also got into boats and came to Capernaum, seeking Jesus. 25 And when they found Him on the other side of the sea, they said to Him, “Rabbi, when did You come here?”

============

Embarrassed to say my true background, I mustered up the courage to do so anyway. The room was full of people who had stronger credentials than me and I had barely got in wherever I applied. I stated I grew up with not much money and barely graduated from a university. Somehow I was selected to lead a group in a large corporation.

  • Looking back on my path I say it does not make sense to where I got to.
  • Looking back on my path I would have given up, because I never  would have thought I would be able to reach where I got.
  • Looking back on the number of things that have miraculously happened to me, I would never have thought these things would happen to me.


The people tried to understand what happened though human lenses. They “saw” that there was no boat or disciples. They also “saw” JESUS did not leave with them but was gone. They crossed the sea and “saw: JESUS there. It did not make sense. BUT to GOD it made perfect sense.

  • GOD says to me “I AM limitless in MY power.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM all-knowing and all seeing.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM.”


The great I AM can do anything at any time. Since this is a confusing concept, I try to make sense out of GOD by what I can “see.” When I do not like what I “see”, I question HIS power or intent. I mean I told HIM what I wanted in “my” prayer, why didn’t HE just do what “I” said?

GOD does answer my prayers, but HIS purpose for saying “no” or “wait” or “yes” has to include other people that will be blessed in the process. JESUS demonstrated HIS will cannot be stopped, even by a large body of water. HE loved me so much and never stopped HIS mission to rescue me. I am glad HE is all powerful.

  • Do you doubt GOD?
  • Are you looking at GOD by what you can see?
  • Will you stop trying to make GOD small and allow HIS unseen works to speak louder to you to grow your faith?


No comments:

Post a Comment