Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Game of Life


John 5: Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. 25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, 27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 

============

With a spouse and a car full of babies, I could see the finish line. After losing so many times, I finally could win this round. When I spun the spinner, I landed on the dreaded spot that takes money away from you, just before getting to millionaire acres, the game winning spot. My dreams of winning were crushed again.

  • Sometimes I want life to go as other people have planned for me.
  • Sometimes I want life to be without problems.
  • Sometimes I want life to be just like the game of life where you can win a large prize just for playing.


JESUS further explains to the church leaders that HE is GOD and has all authority. HE explains that the FATHER has life and so does HE. “Life will be given to those who hear ME” JESUS says. Am I listening?

  • JESUS wants me to accept HIS example HE gave me in HIS word.
  • JESUS wants me to look to HIM for all of my answers rather than thinking I know it all.
  • JESUS wants me to hear HIM when I need comforting, correction and guidance in all aspects of life.


Life is GOD and HE gives it to me abundantly. Sometimes the enemy tries to confuse me into thinking if I am experiencing problems, I must not be living “life.” This is a lie that JESUS wants me to overcome. HE wants me to see that “life” is more than problem free and pleasure filled time.

Life means being with people who struggle, as well as with those who laugh. JESUS wants me to cry with people, smile with people and grow with people. HE wants me to point to HIM who holds life in HIS hands. I am eternally saved because of JESUS.

  • What does “life” mean to you?
  • Do you think you are not living because things are not going your way?
  • Will you stop waiting on things to be better and start celebrating eternal life, through JESUS, before it happens?


No comments:

Post a Comment