Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Starstruck


John 5: 41 “I do not receive honor from men. 42 But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you. 43 I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive. 44 How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God? 45 Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you—Moses, in whom you trust. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

============

Nervously awaiting my meeting, all kinds of thoughts raced through my mind. “What will I say?”, “Am I dressed properly?” and “Should I impress this person?” were just a few questions that races through my mind. I entered the president’s office and started our meeting with “What advice do you have for me?”

The reply made me know I asked the wrong question. “What do you do here at the company?” I felt I blew it after staying awake waiting on this 15 minute meeting.

  • There were times when I placed people on higher levels.
  • There were times when I was very concerned with titles.
  • There were times when I looked for popular people to follow and believed their words implicitly.


JESUS tells the church leaders “You believe in famous people who tell their own stories, yet you do not believe in ME, who the FATHER has sent.” JESUS then explains that the words they cherish will be used against them because Moses wrote them about HIM.

  • GOD wants me to be excited about JESUS more than any human.
  • GOD wants me to lose sleep over meeting with JESUS more than losing sleep over meeting a famous human.
  • GOD wants me to trust in the entirety of the Bible and know that it is all about JESUS.


Today, humans use words like “higher-being” or “universe” to speak of actions that come from the Living GOD. Even church leaders place the Bible over GOD HIMSELF by quoting its words without conveying the heart of bringing mankind to JESUS.

Instead of getting excited about what a human is doing or not doing, GOD wants me to pay close attention to the heart of JESUS. I am glad HE sends me to seek those who seek HIM.

  • Do you spend a huge amount of time reading about famous humans thinking they could make your life better?
  • Do you spend a large amount of time complaining about humans who think they are in charge?
  • Will you spend a small amount of time speaking about JESUS and learn how to do so more and more each day?


No comments:

Post a Comment