Thursday, July 11, 2019

Stable Relationship


John 6: After these things Jesus went over the Sea of Galilee, which is the Sea of Tiberias. Then a great multitude followed Him, because they saw His signs which He performed on those who were diseased. And Jesus went up on the mountain, and there He sat with His disciples.

============

After receiving a generous raise, I really enjoyed this boss. Finally, I was recognized for my efforts. The next year when raise time came around, I did not get as much, although I had put in a similar amount of effort as the prior year. I met with my boss to find out why.

“You have to do more than you did before in order to get a bigger raise” was the response. “Maybe I don’t like this boss as much as I thought” I said to myself.

  • There were times when I based my opinions of people on what they could do for me.
  • There were times when I sought to get more from people based on how much they gave me.
  • There were times when I felt less thrilled with people who did not meet my expectations.


A great multitude of people followed JESUS near the Sea of Tiberias because they saw HIM heal other sick and diseased people. This made me wonder if they would ever get sick again. Would these people have all of their problems clear up because they were healed? Probably not.

  • GOD wants me to see HIS power at work every day so I can praise HIM.
  • GOD wants me to base my relationship with HIM as an eternal relationship.
  • GOD wants me to stabilize my relationship with HIM so I can keep hope in front of me at all times.


Life can be stormy. When one thing clears up, two more problems pop up. There may be times when the sun never seems to shine on life for weeks, months or even years. BUT GOD is still with me through the storms. HE is there to heal me when I get hurt and clean me up when I get muddy.

GOD’s love for me is constant. HE loved me so much that HE died for me and placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT inside me. HE cannot get any closer to me than inside me. All HE asks is that I remain inside of HIM. I place my hope in HIM.

  • Do you lose hope easily?
  • What are you basing your hope on?
  • Will you grow spiritually and stabilize your relationship between you and GOD today by asking HIM to give you more faith?


No comments:

Post a Comment