Monday, July 15, 2019

Prove It


John 6:One of His disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, said to Him, “There is a lad here who has five barley loaves and two small fish, but what are they among so many?”

10 Then Jesus said, “Make the people sit down.” Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand. 11 And Jesus took the loaves, and when He had given thanks He distributed them to the disciples, and the disciples to those sitting down; and likewise of the fish, as much as they wanted. 12 So when they were filled, He said to His disciples, “Gather up the fragments that remain, so that nothing is lost.” 13 Therefore they gathered them up, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves which were left over by those who had eaten. 14 Then those men, when they had seen the sign that Jesus did, said, “This is truly the Prophet who is to come into the world.”

============

Expecting the answer to be “no”, I reluctantly asked anyway. “Can we have our event?” I asked those in charge. “Perhaps… let me look into it” was one of the leader’s response. Skeptically, I waited. “I’m sorry, we do not have the budget for the event” was the final reply. “See, I knew you didn’t have the power to do anything” I thought to myself about the leader.

  • Many times I have been skeptical.
  • Many times I have not believed.
  • Many times I desired to see what “I” wanted to see so that I could believe.


Andrew told JESUS, “All we have is a boy’s lunch to feed thousands of people.” The boy may have been the only sole willing to give. JESUS saw the crowd had left their homes to follow HIM in order to be healed. Filled with compassion, HE performed a miracle by taking the donated items and stretching them to feed everyone, with much left over.

  • GOD wants me to be willing to give what little talents I have.
  • GOD wants me to share in making the miracle happen.
  • GOD wants me to know HIS power is absolute and I can see HIM perform every day.


Childlike faith is something GOD wants me to have, but my desires sometimes get in the way. I mean, when I want GOD to fix the situation the way I want, at the time I want, I set HIM up for failure when it doesn’t happen. GOD wants me on the other side of the “prove it” kind of thinking.

HE desires that I say “Here is my tiny part, do with it what you will.” Meanwhile, I can expect HIM to do something amazing without having to see the result. GOD does not mind showing HIS power. HE is my source of strength.

  • Are you pouting because GOD has not done what you wanted, the way you wanted?
  • Do you think GOD is powerless because HE has not bowed down to your request?
  • Will you drop your skepticism and believe in GOD as a child by giving HIM your talent today?



No comments:

Post a Comment