Friday, July 26, 2019

Limited Sight


John 6: 41 The Jews then complained about Him, because He said, “I am the bread which came down from heaven.” 42 And they said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that He says, ‘I have come down from heaven’?”

============

Amazed at my neighbor’s words I asked more questions. “This park has more than two water fountains” they said. “Go on” I said. But when they got to the part where they described the high number of slides and swings, I just couldn’t believe it. I had never seen such a place that had that many slides and swings. I became skeptical of the whole story. I mean the park near me only had two swing areas!

  • There have been times when I did not believe because I could not conceive it.
  • There have been times when I have been skeptical because I could not envision what was being told to me.
  • There have been times when I denied what was said to me based on my knowledge.


When JESUS said “I AM the bread of life”, the Jews booed HIM off the stage. They immediately became skeptical of HIM because they could not conceive of GOD becoming a human through a virgin. “Joseph and Mary are HIS parents” so HE must be lying, they thought. BUT GOD knew some people would have limited belief.

  • GOD wants me to believe in all of HIS word HE gave me.
  • GOD wants me to believe in difficult concepts that are above human thinking.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIS SON who is GOD, and became human, died because of my sins and is now alive building a place for me to reside with HIM forever.


“What parts of the Bible do I really believe?” I asked myself. Do I really believe that JESUS is GOD? Do I really believe that GOD created everything? Do I believe in demons, heaven, hell, miraculous healing, oceans that can part, life after death, eternal judgment, birth into sin, food that pops out of nowhere or someone who can raise the dead?

At one point I said “no” or “I only believe in parts of the Bible.” BUT GOD laughs at my belief, or lack thereof. GOD opened my eyes to just a glimpse of HIS amazing power. Every miracle that was ever recorded about JESUS did happen and can happen today. I am glad GOD helps me drop the limits I place on HIM.

  • What limits are you placing on GOD because you have not “seen” HIM the way you want to?
  • Are you skeptical of HIS love, protection, provision or power?
  • Will you ask GOD to increase your faith so you can see HIM more and more each day?


No comments:

Post a Comment