Tuesday, July 2, 2019

In Charge


John 5: 19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. 20 For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel. 21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. 22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, 23 that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

============

Desiring to be heard, I scheduled a meeting with my bosses boss. In the meeting I expressed my idea and my concerns. Listening intently, the person took in all of my words. They replied, “Did you talk to your boss about this?” I did not know how to reply. I mean I did not believe in my boss enough to convey the message correctly, and besides why couldn’t I come to the head of the department directly?

  • There were times when I was immature with my approach.
  • There were times when I thought “my” way needed to be heard.
  • There were times when I felt I should be able to go right to the top with my ideas, thoughts and complaints.


JESUS makes HIS position very clear to the church leaders. HE pretty much says “I AM GOD” as HE explains how much the FATHER loves HIM and shows HIM all things. HE also makes it very clear that judgment is all HIS. Anyone who speaks about “GOD” must speak about the SON who is GOD.

  • JESUS wants me to recognize that HE is GOD.
  • JESUS wants me to recognize that the FATHER has given HIM all power.
  • JESUS wants me to recognize that the HOLY SPIRIT has been sent by HIM and I should pay attention to HIS voice as well.


FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT are GOD all in one. There is no separation that I can understand. Three unique beings work together in one as one. But somehow one volunteered to die for me.

It must have hurt to say “Okay, if YOU want to save all of the humans, YOU must become one, be blameless and accept all of their blame.” JESUS said “Yes, I will accept the blame for all their sin.” HE got that kind of grace from HIS FATHER. I only hope I can get a little grace from the both of them.

  • Do you think there are many paths to GOD?
  • Are you trying to ignore JESUS?
  • Will you allow JESUS to be in charge of your soul and accept HIS wonderful gift of eternal salvation today?


No comments:

Post a Comment