Thursday, July 18, 2019

Fear Decision Remedy


John 6: 16 Now when evening came, His disciples went down to the sea, 17 got into the boat, and went over the sea toward Capernaum. And it was already dark, and Jesus had not come to them. 18 Then the sea arose because a great wind was blowing. 19 So when they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and drawing near the boat; and they were afraid. 20 But He said to them, “It is I; do not be afraid.” 21 Then they willingly received Him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land where they were going.

============

After breaking the back door window, I was sentenced to my room. A neighbor questioned why I was stuck inside on this sunny day, as we held a conversation from house to house. Beckoning me to break out for a while, I slipped out to play.

When I heard my name being called, I knew I was in deeper trouble because I wasn’t supposed to be outside. I went and hid for hours. The police were called to search for me.

  • When I have fear I make poor decisions.
  • When I have fear I rationalize based on fearful thoughts.
  • When I have fear I decide on things rapidly in hopes of getting the thing that made me fear over and done.


Dark… hurricane like winds and without JESUS, the disciples set out in a small boat towards Capernaum. This tense situation was heightened when they saw someone or something approaching them. Since it was dark, I assume what they saw was bright. It was JESUS. When HE spoke the words “It is I; do not be afraid”, they calmed down.

  • GOD says to me “Do not be afraid, for I AM with you.”
  • GOD says to me “Slow down, come to ME and I will give you rest.”
  • GOD says to me “Give ME all of your troubles, worries, fears and doubts.”


Fear decisions are the worst decisions. I mean when I am worried, I may not think as rational as I should. GOD wants me to calm down with HIM daily so I can hear HIS guidance.

HE whispers “Do not fear” to me and I can only hear it when I slow down each day. I thank GOD for being there for me when I am scared.

  • Are you worried about something?
  • Do you make fear decisions that puts you in deeper trouble?
  • Will you slow down and let GOD fill your heart with HIS peace today?


No comments:

Post a Comment