Monday, July 22, 2019

Food

John 6: 26 Jesus answered them and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled. 27 Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”

============

Sitting in the highly decorated restaurant, a number of people waited on our table. We had our own wait staff who promptly brought out any food or drink that we requested. The main course contained a very expensive Kobe beef steak. “This meal is a long way from beans and franks” I thought to myself. “Maybe I should become rich and eat like this more often.”

  • I have eaten expensive foods.
  • I have eaten at some very high end restaurants.
  • I have sought out new foods as entertainment and pleasure.


The crowd sought JESUS because HE fed them when they had no food. JESUS performed a miracle, dividing a boy’s lunch into thousands of filling portions. JESUS saw through their quest to follow HIM. HE warned them not to seek HIM because HE was some sort of food pantry. But what is HE?

  • JESUS wants me to seek HIM for everlasting life.
  • JESUS wants me to start my eternal life right now by listening to HIM daily.
  • JESUS wants me to accept HIS seal that no one can steal or remove, including myself.


Seeking food for pleasure or necessity can distract me from the real food GOD wants to give me. When JESUS said “Man does not live by bread alone” HE was telling me that there is more to life than eating. Preoccupation with staying healthy or gaining new tastes can take up precious time that could be spent with GOD.

HE knows I have to eat and does not mind if I eat a tasty meal, but what about those who have not eaten a meal in a while? GOD wants me to listen to HIS food so I can be nourished with the word enough to execute what it says. HE wants me to share my spiritual and physical food with those in need. I am glad HE feeds me daily.

  • Are you hungry for GOD?
  • Do you seek physical food?
  • Will you take time today and seek GOD’s food which is everlasting?

No comments:

Post a Comment