Friday, July 5, 2019

Fork in the road


John 5: 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. 30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

============

Driving around this particular large city was frustrating at best. I mean the signs were confusing and driving by GPS was difficult. When the direction was given to turn onto a street, there I faced a fork in the road. I had to make a decision without help from the GPS. I chose wrong and ended up adding another twenty five minutes onto the trip. We were now close to being late.

  • Sometimes I feel lost even with directions.
  • Sometimes I want my decisions to be right and yet they end up wrong.
  • Sometimes I want to choose the correct path, but wind up on the very wrong path and don’t know how I go there.


JESUS clearly states that everyone will face HIS judgement. There will be two choices, life or death. HE says something strange when presenting this fork in the road. HE says “30 I can of MYSELF do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and MY judgment is righteous, because I do not seek MY own will but the will of the Father who sent ME.” JESUS shows a glimpse of how HE works.

  • JESUS says to me “Satan accuses you every day to the FATHER.”
  • JESUS says to me “The FATHER forgives those who truly believe in HIS SON.”
  • JESUS says to me “I listen to the FATHER and will judge who HE says to judge.”


Every day I have a choice, follow GOD or not. It is that simple. This fork in the road can sometimes seem difficult even when I the directions are being told to me. BUT GOD did not take any chances. HE knew I would make the wrong choice and go down the wrong path.

JESUS saw me sinning and volunteered to take my punishment. The fork in the road is, “Do I believe I deserve to be punished for sin I easily fall into” or better yet “for sin I was born with?” The answer is, YES. I believe I deserve an eternity of separation from GOD, but JESUS rescued me and I am forever grateful. I am glad HE guides me to the correct path.

  • What path are you on?
  • Do you believe in your fallible instincts?
  • Will you stop guessing at life and believe in the One who can save you, namely JESUS?



No comments:

Post a Comment