Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Hearing the Truth


John 18: 19 The high priest then asked Jesus about His disciples and His doctrine.
20 Jesus answered him, “I spoke openly to the world. I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where the Jews always meet, and in secret I have said nothing. 21 Why do you ask Me? Ask those who have heard Me what I said to them. Indeed they know what I said.”

22 And when He had said these things, one of the officers who stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, “Do You answer the high priest like that?”

23 Jesus answered him, “If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil; but if well, why do you strike Me?”

24 Then Annas sent Him bound to Caiaphas the high priest.

============

“Your car is dying” were the words I could not accept. “Maybe I have more life than expected” I thought to myself. I did not have money to buy a car, nor fix the one I had. I drove on my occasional trip that would take about two hours, but this time it took eight. The car kept breaking down on the side of the road. I had to accept the truth.

  • Sometimes I don’t want to hear no more bad news.
  • Sometimes I don’t want to face life’s challenges.
  • Sometimes I don’t want to accept the obvious answer to a huge problem.


Annas, a high priest, asked JESUS about what HE taught. He was trying to get JESUS to confess to heresy. The tense situation was magnified when one of the soldiers struck JESUS. This soldier did not want to hear the truth that JESUS spoke, nor did the church leader.

Accepting JESUS means accepting HE is the truth. Being GOD, HE knew the decree of the FATHER,  that if anyone sins, they deserve eternal separation from HIM. JESUS volunteered to be the sacrifice that would redeem those who sinned and believe HE did this for them.

Unfortunately, JESUS has become a figurehead to a club of people who do nice things in the name of the brand of church they attend. Yes, JESUS is mentioned, sometimes in the right context. BUT GOD can see through humans down to the heart. HE wants me to speak HIS truth of redemption through HIS SON and that is it. I accept the truth of GOD.

  • Are you wrestling with finding the “truth?”
  • Do you think sinful humans have found the truth for which you would base your life on?
  • Will you allow GOD to turn your heart to HIM so HE can speak the truth through you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment