Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Amazed


John 19: 31 Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. 32 Then the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first and of the other who was crucified with Him. 33 But when they came to Jesus and saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs. 34 But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. 35 And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe. 36 For these things were done that the Scripture should be fulfilled, “Not one of His bones shall be broken.” 37 And again another Scripture says, “They shall look on Him whom they pierced.”

============

“Wow look at that!” were my words of amazement. I was so amazed that I went and told other people. I mean, who knew that if you folded the tips of the wings on a paper airplane, it would do loops.

  • Many things have amazed me.
  • Many things have made me say “wow!”
  • Many things have been brought to my attention that I got excited about.


John, the writer, speaks about something that was truly amazing. He verified that even the tiniest of prophecy was fulfilled by JESUS. The guards went from one body, breaking the bones ensuring death, then went around JESUS to the other body to do the same. John was amazed that all scriptures were fulfilled by JESUS.

  • GOD wants me to be amazed by HIM every day.
  • GOD wants me to see that HE is working out the situation, without my help.
  • GOD wants me to know HE has everything taken care of through HIS awesome power.


When JESUS said “It is finished” HE truly meant salvation is accomplished. Everything said about HIM was done and completed. HE has said much more. HE promised to never leave me nor forsake me. HE said HE would return for me and those who believe in HIM. I am amazed HE loves me.

  • Are you amazed by GOD?
  • Have you noticed HE cares for you?
  • Will you seek HIS amazing love, grace and mercy today?


No comments:

Post a Comment