Monday, January 20, 2020

Status


John 19:The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and according to our law He ought to die, because He made Himself the Son of God.”

Therefore, when Pilate heard that saying, he was the more afraid, and went again into the Praetorium, and said to Jesus, “Where are You from?” But Jesus gave him no answer.
10 Then Pilate said to Him, “Are You not speaking to me? Do You not know that I have power to crucify You, and power to release You?”

11 Jesus answered, “You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin.”

============

“Would you like an upgrade?” was the question posed to me. Then they said, “You have enough points so the upgrade would be free.” I said “Of course.” I was hungry and they gave me a meal instead of a bag of peanuts. “I like this!” I said to myself.

In a small way, I had status.
In a tiny way I thought I was in a better position.
In a miniscule way I believed I needed to keep my “status” so I could fly first class over and over again.

Pilate believed HE had the status to interrogate and sentence JESUS. But when he found out JESUS was GOD, he became very nervous. He asked JESUS “Where are YOU from?” JESUS gave no answer. Pilate tried to use his status on JESUS to get HIM to answer. JESUS replied about the status of sin saying Judas and the church leaders had committed the greater.

  • JESUS wants me to place HIM as the highest.
  • JESUS wants me to bow down to HIS power instead of seeking a higher status amongst humans.
  • JESUS wants me to understand HE is the Most High and has the power to forgive sin.


There is no status on earth that can come close to that of JESUS. HE rules every facet of life. Unfortunately, humans seek status and want to feel elevated over others. BUT GOD forgives this behavior in me when I seek HIS face. I elevate HIM above work or family titles.

JESUS is above everything. There is no situation, secret or solution that does not come from HIM. GOD is involved with growing hairs on my head, certainly HE is involved with things that seem like they are in “my” control. I acknowledge JESUS as GOD and LORD of my life.

  • Do you seek status and not know it?
  • Are you trying to get power over people by trying to control them?
  • Will you give the power you seek to JESUS and watch HIM solve all situations, HIS way?


No comments:

Post a Comment