Thursday, January 16, 2020

Glorious Restraint


John 19: So then Pilate took Jesus and scourged Him. And the soldiers twisted a crown of thorns and put it on His head, and they put on Him a purple robe. Then they said, “Hail, King of the Jews!” And they struck Him with their hands.

Pilate then went out again, and said to them, “Behold, I am bringing Him out to you, that you may know that I find no fault in Him.”

============

When a child called me a name that was racially motivated, I was astounded. Dressed in a suit and going home from a hard day’s work, I was accosted by a child who was no more than five. I replied, “I do not blame you for your ignorance, I blame your ignorant parents.” I felt better for calling the parent who was standing there, ignorant, in front of many waiting train passengers.

  • It feels good to retaliate.
  • It feels good to get revenge.
  • It feels good to return hatred with more hatred.


Pilate said JESUS was innocent, yet he whipped HIM with barb wire. He then allowed the soldiers to bloody HIS head with a thorny, mock crown. Afterwards, they punched and punched JESUS repeatedly. Then Pilate came forth and again said “I find no fault in HIM.”

  • JESUS wants me to see HE showed tremendous restraint.
  • JESUS wants me to know vengeance is HIS.
  • JESUS wants me to understand, while it is hard to turn the other cheek when slapped, I should try it more and more.


Restraint when filled with rage has always paid off. In fact, releasing what fills me with rage enables me to sleep easier, knowing GOD has this situation handled. HE had all power and used it to show mercy instead of rage. This is a sign of strength. I admire JESUS for HIS glorious restraint.

  • Do you have a temper?
  • Do you get enraged easily?
  • Will you give your rage to JESUS and allow HIM to grow you by giving you restraint today?


No comments:

Post a Comment