Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Truth


John 18: 37 Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?”
Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

38 Pilate said to Him, “What is truth?” And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews, and said to them, “I find no fault in Him at all.

============

“Omit that” was the advice of those who caused the problem. I had to speak to the crowd and explain there was a problem. I gathered input from the team that caused the problem and they wanted me to say there was a problem without saying there was a problem. After careful dissection, I came up with “a” truth.

  • In this instance I had to convince people that things were not as bad as they seemed.
  • In this instance I had to omit pieces of “the truth” so the crowd would not turn against me.
  • In this instance I had to put a “spin” on what was going on so a riot would not happen.


Pilate asked JESUS again, “You are a king then?” JESUS answered “You say rightly that I AM a KING.” HE also explains why HE is KING. HE came to bear witness to “the truth.” Pilate, being a politician, scoffs “What is the truth?”

  • JESUS wants me to know HE is the way, the truth and the life.
  • JESUS wants me to know HIS word is the only truth.
  • JESUS wants me to know HE has already saved me and forgiven me for ALL my sins.


Truth is hard to find. I mean ads can say “world’s best” without checking if that is true to everyone. “A” truth can be told to friends who want to believe speculative words. BUT GOD cuts through all of the deception.

JESUS saw mankind was doomed to eternal destruction. HE volunteered to become a human so HE could live a sinless life. HE was blamed by HIS creation, and murdered by those who lied by omission. HE was raised from the dead to be placed over everything. HE is building a place for believers in HIM and will return someday soon to destroy this world. This is the only truth I believe, all else fails.

  • What do you believe?
  • Do you think humans have proven things GOD cannot handle?
  • Will you stop looking with your worldly, “prove it”, eyes and start believing JESUS is the only answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment