Thursday, January 23, 2020

Part of a Plan


John 19: 19 Now Pilate wrote a title and put it on the cross. And the writing was:

JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS.

20 Then many of the Jews read this title, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city; and it was written in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin.

21 Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, “Do not write, ‘The King of the Jews,’ but, ‘He said, “I am the King of the Jews.” ’ ”

22 Pilate answered, “What I have written, I have written.”

============

“Come along side me” one leader persuaded me. I worked hard and, sure enough, the person became successful. I was excited to be part of this person’s success.

  • There have been times when I was part of a larger plan.
  • There have been times when I helped someone become successful.
  • There have been times when I enabled someone to reach their potential with a small contribution of my talents.


The church leaders put Pilate in a bad political light. He may have decided to impose retribution on them by placing a sign over JESUS stating HE was from a less significant town and HE is “THE KING OF THE JEWS.” This sign was embarrassing to the church leaders and they wanted it changed. Little did they know, Pilate’s retribution was speaking the truth.

  • GOD has used my sin for good.
  • GOD would prefer that I follow HIS ways and actively be part of HIS plan.
  • GOD wants me to be successful and has a marvelous plan for me.


Being part of GOD’s plan always happens. GOD knew HIS creation would turn evil and murder JESUS. HE also sees my sin and knows the damage I do will still work out for good. But what about those who murdered JESUS? They will face eternal consequence. What about my sin?

JESUS says “Confess your sins to ME and I will be faithful and just to forgive you and cleanse you of all unrighteousness.” When I give my life to GOD, I am no longer on the “evil” side of the plan. GOD rescues me and places me on the winning side. I crave to be part of GOD’s plan of love.

  • Which side are you on?
  • Are you doing things for yourself, never once thinking about GOD?
  • Will you allow GOD to use you to bring many people to HIM without fear today?


No comments:

Post a Comment