Monday, January 27, 2020

Spiritual Family


John 19: 25 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. 26 When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!” 27 Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home.

============

“Come in and have something to eat” a friend’s mother said to me. “Wow!” I thought. “You mean I’m having fun AND I get a meal?” Great! Another friend’s mother did the same and another. Soon I had a few mother’s throughout the neighborhood who blessed me with a simple meal.

  • My family are those who GOD has brought into my life.
  • My family are those who GOD has brought into HIS family.
  • My family are those who GOD has declared HIS family.


JESUS, dying an agonizing death, sees HIS mother Mary and two other Mary’s who were close to HIM. HE gave one of HIS disciples HIS mother and asked the disciple to be her son. He accepted and took care of Mary from then on. This was a spiritual family.

  • JESUS wants me to treat others as HIS family.
  • JESUS wants me to see others as family when they believe in HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to treat those who seek HIM as family because HIS blessings are on those who truly believe in HIM.


GOD’s currency is people. HE wants me to seek people as I would a lost coin. I can only find people who desire to be found. HE blesses me when HE brings people to me or me to people. We are then made a spiritual family that will last for eternity. JESUS is my bond to a wonderful family!

  • Do you need a family?
  • Would you like to have love that supersedes blood relatives?
  • Will you come into a family with the bond of love, namely JESUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment