Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Recognized


John 18: 15 And Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so did another disciple. Now that disciple was known to the high priest, and went with Jesus into the courtyard of the high priest. 16 But Peter stood at the door outside. Then the other disciple, who was known to the high priest, went out and spoke to her who kept the door, and brought Peter in. 17 Then the servant girl who kept the door said to Peter, “You are not also one of this Man’s disciples, are you?”
He said, “I am not.”

18 Now the servants and officers who had made a fire of coals stood there, for it was cold, and they warmed themselves. And Peter stood with them and warmed himself.

============

“Aren’t you the person in charge of the department?” someone said to me. “Thank you for helping us” were the words that made me crave more recognition. As I walked the convention floor, other people recognized me. “Is this how celebrities feel?” I wondered.

  • It felt great being recognized by people who were cheering.
  • It felt wonderful to be recognized by those who I helped.
  • It felt nice to be recognized for something positive.


Peter and another disciple followed JESUS. One disciple was known for being with JESUS, so he went in without fear. Peter, on the other hand was sacred of being recognized, so he stayed out. A servant girl recognized Peter and pointed out his association with JESUS. Peter denied the relationship publicly.

  • JESUS wants me to be recognized for my relationship with HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to speak about HIM boldly without worrying about the consequence of humans.
  • JESUS wants me to associate myself with HIM and go through things with HIM, versus being on the outside, leaving HIM alone.


Disassociation is easy to do with humans who have “messed up.” I mean if most people agree this person is a scoundrel, it is easy to get away from that person. BUT GOD was labeled a scoundrel. HE had only one disciple who followed HIM into the courtyard, willing to face death.

Being recognized because of JESUS is a thing of honor. I mean when I stand in front of GOD, I believe HE will ask “How many people did you tell about MY SON?” HE won’t ask about houses, cars, clothes, jewelry, phones or accumulated wealth. JESUS wants a relationship with me. I desire to be bold with JESUS.

  • Does mentioning JESUS seem awkward to you?
  • Do you speak about HIS death and resurrection to others regularly?
  • Will you allow GOD to make you more bold about your relationship with JESUS, instead of being comfortable?



No comments:

Post a Comment