Friday, January 24, 2020

Inheritance


John 19: 23 Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His garments and made four parts, to each soldier a part, and also the tunic. Now the tunic was without seam, woven from the top in one piece. 24 They said therefore among themselves, “Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be,” that the Scripture might be fulfilled which says:

“They divided My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots.”
Therefore the soldiers did these things.

============

After the mass layoffs, I went to a coworker for advice. “How long should I wait to ask for that desk?” was my question. By my calculation, I was next in line to get a cubicle that faced a window. “What do you think, a week or two?”

  • There were times when I couldn’t wait to see people go.
  • There were times when I could not wait to get their stuff.
  • There were times when I felt that people were “in the way” of “my” success.


The soldiers could not wait to get JESUS’s stuff. Pilate must have loved theater because he dressed JESUS in the finest clothes. The soldiers wanted the clothes so they divided them into four parts. But the tunic was special. No seam, woven in one piece. They cast lots, similar to throwing dice, for HIS garments. They were on the evil side of the plan.

  • GOD wants me to inherit HIS great rewards.
  • GOD wants me to be part of HIS family.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS wealth by bringing HIS lost people back to HIM.


Wanting better or more stuff is a waste of time without JESUS. I mean, not having GOD in the middle of my wants can lead to feeding my greed. Only GOD can focus my desires in the right way. More and more, GOD enables the desire to explain HIS kingdom to other people so they can believe in JESUS. I accept GOD’s desire over more stuff.

  • Are you seeking more stuff?
  • Are you waiting for someone to die so you can get their stuff?
  • Will you ask GOD to change your heart and fill you with the desire to seek the lost today?


No comments:

Post a Comment