Friday, January 3, 2020

Full of Compassion


John 18: Then He asked them again, “Whom are you seeking?”
And they said, “Jesus of Nazareth.”

Jesus answered, “I have told you that I am He. Therefore, if you seek Me, let these go their way,” that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, “Of those whom You gave Me I have lost none.”

10 Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant’s name was Malchus.

11 So Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword into the sheath. Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?”

============

“He’s had enough” said one of the nicer bullies. The fight was one sided as I laid on the sidewalk. For years after, I had a bruise on my arm to remind me of my struggle. Fortunately for me, I had some help.

  • There were times when I felt enraged, but beaten.
  • There were times when I needed help because I was getting clobbered.
  • There were times when I felt I lost the battle but had someone watching over me.


JESUS handled a very volatile situation with poise. A detachment of armed soldiers came to arrest HIM and they made sure they got the right person. They must have been surprised HE was not intimidated by their overwhelming presence. JESUS answered “I am HE.” Then said “Let them go.”

  • JESUS wants to protect me.
  • JESUS wants me to seek HIS protection.
  • JESUS wants to show me compassion even when I am at fault.


Compassion is what JESUS shows the most. HE had compassion on the soldiers by not calling a legion of angels to wipe them out. HE healed the ear of the Malchus and desires that no disciple be harmed during this incident.

JESUS does the same with me. HE watches over me, guides me and protects me from harm I am not aware of. JESUS deserves to be praised for HIS protection. I am grateful for HIS compassion.

  • Are you guilty of something?
  • Do you think you are getting away with something?
  • Will you allow JESUS to show HIS compassion to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment