Thursday, January 2, 2020

Facing Problems


John 18: When Jesus had spoken these words, He went out with His disciples over the Brook Kidron, where there was a garden, which He and His disciples entered. And Judas, who betrayed Him, also knew the place; for Jesus often met there with His disciples. Then Judas, having received a detachment of troops, and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, and weapons. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him, went forward and said to them, “Whom are you seeking?”

They answered Him, “Jesus of Nazareth.”

Jesus said to them, “I am He. And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them. Now when He said to them, “I am He, they drew back and fell to the ground.

============

Hostile is the only word I could use to describe the crowd. I had to prepare my notes so I could present the information in a palatable way. The closer it came for my turn to speak, the more scared I became. I took a deep breath because I was super nervous. I stammered over the first few words when I got on stage, but I got through the difficult presentation.

  • Sometimes I do not want to face problems.
  • Most times I do not want to go through trials.
  • Sometimes I just want the problem to go away.


Judas betrayed JESUS with a large number of military soldiers. He had help from the church leaders to gather this kind of power. They were armed and ready for fights. Did Judas stir them up so they expected the crowd to turn against them? In the middle of this tense situation, JESUS faced the problem and calmly walked out and said HE was the one they were looking for.

  • JESUS wants me to face problems, knowing HE is with me.
  • JESUS wants me to address difficult situations, knowing the HOLY SPIRIT is with me.
  • JESUS wants me to accept trials, knowing the FATHER is with me.


Huge problems can be scary at times. BUT GOD is there with me to guide me through the situation. HE gives me strength to face the problem especially when the problem is spiritual in nature.

HE understands the war and knows I will face many battles. HE gets excited, because HE has already won the war because HE was raised from the dead and given all glory. I can face trials with JESUS on my side.

  • Are you going through problems?
  • Does it seem like there is no way out of the situation?
  • Will you face the problem, knowing GOD is with you and cares for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment