Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Being With


John 17: 24 “Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. 26 And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

============

Figuring out what was wrong with each person, I found out ways to avoid people. “That person was too mean” and “That person is too snobbish” I said about the “In crowd.” After my evaluation of many people I found myself alone. I mean, they weren’t friendly anyway.

  • There were times when I chose not to join the crowd.
  • There were times when I looked at the differences in other people as a problem.
  • There were times when I separated myself because I could not find anything I had in common with the people around me.


JESUS continues HIS prayer for all who believe in HIM. HE asks the FATHER for HIS followers to be “with” HIM, to see HIM in HIS glory. But what does it mean to be “with” JESUS.

  • GOD wants me to want HIM.
  • GOD wants me to follow HIS ways, especially when it is difficult.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIM even when people around me do not.


Being “with” GOD means I stand for what HE stands for. HE sent HIS SON to save the world, yet the world turned their eyes away HIM. HE sees the disunity amongst humans and knows the hearts of mankind. HE draws those who truly believe in HIS SON so they can be “with” HIM in agreement. I am with GOD and I look forward to being “with” the SON in all HIS glory, someday.

  • Do you agree with the way GOD handles things?
  • Do you try make situations perfect so you can be with people?
  • Will you allow GOD to change your heart so you can agree with how HE handles situations?
  • Will you be “with” GOD today in faith instead of being against HIM with your own plans?


No comments:

Post a Comment