Friday, December 27, 2019

Not From Here


John 17: 14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

============

“How do you get to the highway?” I asked. The local person politely replied with directions. “Is there a place to get a burger around here?” I asked. The person chuckled and said “You aren’t from around here, are you?” They pointed to the only diner in town then said, “We are know for our burgers!” I had never heard of them.

  • Sometimes in life, I feel like “I’m not from around here.”
  • Sometimes in life, I want directions.
  • Sometimes in life, I desire to fit in, but wind up sticking out like a sore thumb.


JESUS continues in HIS prayer for HIS followers. HE asks the FATHER for protection of HIS followers from the evil one. HE states HE is not from this world, nor are HIS followers. HE knows navigating the world’s ways would be difficult.

  • JESUS wants me to be set apart from the world, but be in the world to speak HIS truth.
  • JESUS wants me to accept being sent into the world to proclaim HIS word.
  • JESUS wants me to believe HIS word is from the FATHER, which holds all truth.


People can remember when I was born and they believe that was my inception. BUT GOD says something different. HE created me way before my parents were born. Sounds strange? Yes it does. However, JESUS makes it clear, that this world is not my home.

JESUS wants me to tell people there is another place where sickness, sadness and hatred do not exist. HE shows me that human efforts can only bring temporary pleasure or relief. This world was cursed by GOD when he threw the evil one out of heaven. Now HE sends me to the world to keep HIS created beings from being deceived. I am grateful for HIS protection.

  • What are your desires?
  • Do you ever want what GOD wants?
  • Will you reduce thinking the world has more to offer than GOD by seeking HIS truth today?


No comments:

Post a Comment