Monday, December 23, 2019

One Job


John 17: Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

============

“Open up the office” was the only thing I had to do the next day. The party was getting good, so I stayed a little longer. After the party I made it back to the room and went to bed. When I woke up, I realized I had missed opening time for the office. I raced downstairs and tried to explain, but there was no good explanation. I was fired. I only had one job to do and did not do it.

  • I did not think the job was that important.
  • I did not think having “fun” was a problem.
  • I did not think enjoying myself would get in the way of anything.


JESUS speaks to the FATHER in plain view of HIS disciples. HE talked about the one job HE came to do being finished. But what was this one job? Was it to heal a few people or raise one or two people from the dead? It was much more than that.

  • JESUS says to me “I came to give live to those who believe I provide life.”
  • JESUS says to me “ I have taken care of all sin for all eternity.”
  • JESUS says to me “I have been raised up to the highest esteem by the FATHER.”


Being created by GOD to tell people about JESUS is my one job. Unfortunately I spend a large amount of my time away from doing that. The FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT are the one and only true GOD. While HE forgives my sins and allows me to be distracted by the world, HE still yearns for me to hold JESUS to the highest esteem.

JESUS must be recognized and praised. The more I can do this, the more I am doing the one job HE put me here for. HE wants me to collect others to do the same, Those who believe in HIM will praise HIM forever., I am eternally grateful for JESUS who saved me from eternal death.

  • What is your purpose in life?
  • Do you think it is to scrounge around for more money or worldly pleasure?
  • Can you stop fighting GOD and join HIM in telling people about HIS SON today?


No comments:

Post a Comment