Friday, December 20, 2019

Strife Overcome


John 16: 29 His disciples said to Him, “See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech! 30 Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God.”

31 Jesus answered them, “Do you now believe? 32 Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. 33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

============

When I went to a certain neighborhood, I was chased out because of my race. When I got back into my neighborhood, I was chased home by a few thugs in an otherwise nice place. “Where can I go?” I wondered.

  • There have been times when I searched for an accepting group and could not find it.
  • There have been times when I felt unloved by enemies AND those who were supposed to love me.
  • There have been times when I felt like no one cared.


The disciples said to JESUS “Now YOU speak plainly to us and we believe.” JESUS replied, “Now you believe?”, as if to say “What about all of the miracles?” JESUS did not scold them, rather HE warned them of things to come. “You will leave ME alone.” HE said.

  • JESUS knows I have and will leave HIM when I seek “my” own way.
  • JESUS still wants me to have peace so I can return to following HIS way.
  • JESUS desires that I place my faith in HIM so I can “be of good cheer.”


Overcoming the world meant JESUS did not commit a single sin while HE was alive. HE fulfilled every prophecy and was now eligible to become the perfect sacrifice to pay off the tremendous debt to mankind. I cannot fathom how much pressure it was to know the sins of every human. I can’t even remember my own.

JESUS loved me so much that HE died for me. The FATHER loved me so much that HE allowed HIS only SON to die for me. The HOLY SPIRIT loved me so much that HE lives in me and watches me sin and begs for forgiveness for me. My strife is overcome.

  • Are you feeling alone?
  • Do you think on one cares about you?
  • Will you turn your life over to JESUS so you will never be alone again?


No comments:

Post a Comment