Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Hated


John 15: 18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

============

After the sermon, I felt it was time to give up drinking as a vow to the LORD. This came with a price. I went back to visit my “friends” and they wanted me to drink with them. “I’ll pass” I said. They kept pressing the issue and asked many questions. I wasn’t really a drinker anyway, but to stop all together seemed odd to them. They stopped inviting me.

  • When I stood ground because of my promise to the LORD, people looked at me strange.
  • When I started doing things strictly for the LORD, people stepped away from me.
  • When I stopped doing what the popular people were doing, I was no longer popular.


JESUS warns HIS followers that the world will hate them because of their love for HIM. HE then tell HIS disciples that HE chose them to be different than the world.

  • JESUS wants me to show love when hatred is shown to me.
  • JESUS wants me to be a servant when others want to be the boss.
  • JESUS wants me to seek the poor rather than running after the rich and powerful.


It really is not popular to follow JESUS. The world labels the lifestyle as “dull” and “boring.” BUT GOD loves when I follow HIS example. HE gets excited when I mention JESUS as the creator to the “smart” people who believe the world created itself. HE rewards me when I talk about heaven as my home to those who focus all their attention on temporary mansions.

JESUS was hated because HE loved the world. HE died for the world and the world still did not believe in HIM. Every job that believes they have the answer to problems could be a distraction from JESUS. The world hates not getting credit for answers, so they do not praise GOD. I praise GOD for all HE has blessed me with.

  • Do you follow humans more than you follow GOD?
  • Do you believe in human wisdom without giving GOD any credit?
  • Will you drop your fear of being looked at strangely by the world and spread GOD’s message by words first, then example?


No comments:

Post a Comment