Thursday, December 12, 2019

Going Away


John 16: “But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

============

We were not supposed to smile during this particular event, yet he would bring levity to the tense situation. After a while, we were all laughing. When a serious person walked into the room, we tried to stop, but that made us laugh all the more.

  • I remember great times with people who have “gone away.”
  • I remember what people, who have “gone away”, have said.
  • I remember the joy that people brought me who have “gone away.”


JESUS tells HIS disciples not to be sad that HE was about to “Go away.” They did not understand what HE meant because GOD, the Messiah, was not supposed to die. BUT GOD had something different in mind.

  • JESUS had to die for my sins so HE could save me.
  • JESUS had to be raised to life so HE could fulfill the promises HE made in scripture.
  • JESUS had to send the HOLY SPIRIT to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment.


Death is something we all will “possibly” face some day. The HOLY SPIRIT was sent to be my HELPER while I am alive. HE guides me to remind people that JESUS is the one and only Savior. HE convicts those who do not believe, fortifies belief in the FATHER and judges the enemy who opposes belief in GOD.

I will miss those who have “gone away.” My prayer is for those who remain, to believe in the SON for salvation.

  • Do you believe in life after death?
  • Do you think “All roads lead to GOD?”
  • Will you take a moment to focus on the only road to eternal salvation, namely JESUS, today?


(In loving memory of Sterling Sullivan)

No comments:

Post a Comment