Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Thankful


John 17: “I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You. For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.

============

Remembering the bonuses of the past, I was excited to open the check. It was much lower than it had ever been. My excitement immediately went away. I had worked pretty hard that year and could see no reason for the deficit. I was not happy.

  • I wanted to trade in my thankfulness for a complaint.
  • I expected more when I should have expected nothing.
  • I based my happiness on what I could see, rather than knowing what was really happening.


JESUS speaks to the FATHER about HIS disciples. But the words really point out just how far JESUS went to help them.

  • GOD wants me to know that JESUS made HIS name known to me.
  • GOD wants me to know that JESUS gave me the words that came from the FATHER.
  • GOD wants me to know that JESUS came from the FATHER who sent HIM to save me.


Getting back to the bonus. I asked about the lower amount the next day. “The company did not do as well this year, however, you got the highest  in the department” the person said. I was angry when I should have been thankful. Sometimes I treat GOD the same way.

JESUS went out of HIS way to make sure humans would return back to HIM. I must receive JESUS’ words and believe HE came from the FATHER, just as HE said. This belief gives me a thankful heart. I drop my complaints and praise GOD for what HE does. I am thankful.

  • Are you thankful?
  • Will you be able to look at what GOD has done for you today?
  • Will you allow GOD to open your eyes to HIS blessings and thank HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment