Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Stands For


John 16: 23 “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

============

“Make us look good” was the statement posed to me. I was at a career fair, recruiting students from my alma mater. “What great stories can I tell?” I thought to myself. I came up with some of the facts and statistics that made the company look great.

  • I really wanted people to come work for the company I worked for.
  • I desired to show the benefits of working at “my” company.
  • I wanted to show people what the company stood for.


JESUS says a familiar statement again. HE said “Whatever you ask the FATHER in MY name HE will give you.” So does this mean I can ask for “anything” I want? Maybe not.

  • JESUS wants me to ask for things that represent HIM well.
  • JESUS wants me to desire what HE wants.
  • JESUS wants me to ask the FATHER for salvation of family, friends, neighbors and those who hate me.


“In MY name” doesn’t just mean mouthing the words “In JESUS name.” I believe it means “Represent ME well.” If what I am asking for involves anger, lust, envy, hatred, malice, slander, or greed, then more than likely I may not get it. Or even worse, maybe GOD will give it to me and let me fall away from HIM.

GOD wants all humans to be saved. That’s what HE stands for. Getting a new phone may be nice, BUT GOD wants “that” person in your life saved. All of heaven rejoices when one person stops rejecting GOD and accepts JESUS as their Savior. FATHER, I ask for those who are my family, friends and neighbors to know JESUS in a saving way. In JESUS name, amen.

  • What are you asking for deep down in your heart?
  • At the core of your thinking, which GOD can see, are you asking for things for you or for HIM?
  • Will you ask for things that represent JESUS well?


No comments:

Post a Comment