Monday, December 16, 2019

True Finances

True Finances
John 16: 12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
============
Over time, the coins I took to the bank added up. I got excited over seeing the balance grow. I could now afford to buy anything I wanted. “Maybe I will buy some pants” I said to myself. I mean the ones I had were ragged and outgrown. “I deserve something better.”
  • Money made me excited.
  • Money made me think there was a problem when I did not have it.
  • Money made me want more of it so I could depend on its power.
JESUS had a lot more to say to HIS followers but ran out of time. HE spoke about the HOLY SPIRIT in a generous way. Somehow, the HOLY SPIRIT will give away everything that was entrusted to JESUS.
  • Truth is a currency the HOLY SPIRIT gives to me.
  • Glorifying JESUS is a currency the HOLY SPIRIT gives to me.
  • Salvation of those around me is a currency the HOLY SPIRIT gives to me.
Truth, praise and salvation are extremely important to the FATHER. But sometimes I fall into the trap, thinking human made finances are more important. I mean, GOD wants me to be more upset that one of my neighbor’s may be rejecting HIM, than worrying if their grass is not cut to the right length.
JESUS treasures humans and wants me to do the same. HE wants me to be as greedy as I want to be, as long as my greed is for human salvation. GOD’s currency is opposite that of human currency, which raises false hopes, false expectations and false security. GOD’s currency is truth and I believe in HIS true hope and security.
  • Are you as concerned about your neighbor’s salvation than if you can pay a bill this month?
  • Do you care about others more than the latest thing you want to spend money on?
  • Will you accept caring for what GOD gives you more than what you can get out of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment