Thursday, December 5, 2019

Expect It


Expect It
John 15: 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me.

============

When I ran a large department of the company, I noticed my peers acting different. The people who rose up with me were fighting against me. I asked a mentor what was going on. “Of course they are fighting” they said. “There is only so much budget to hand out and you are going to have to fight for it, so get ready to grow up!”

  • Sometimes hearing I have to grow up makes me upset.
  • Sometimes hearing I need to take on huge challenges makes me feel unsettled.
  • Sometimes hearing I should be strong makes me want to be weak.


JESUS spoke to HIS followers and said the world would persecute them. These words could be unsettling, but they were meant in comfort. How in the world could news about persecution be comforting?

  • GOD wants me to be aware that an enemy will try to stop me from spreading the gospel.
  • GOD wants me to be prepared so I will not get discouraged when I face issue after issue.
  • GOD wants me to be ready to ask HIM for strength rather than relying on my own.


Readiness is what GOD is teaching when HE tells me that life would bring problems. HE wants me to be prepared to face the world so I can ask HIM for protection. Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance produces character; and character produces hope. This is a tough message but necessary. I am glad GOD teaches me what to expect so I can grow.

  • Are you going through problems?
  • Have you been going through problems for a long time?
  • Will you allow GOD to grow you instead of giving up?

No comments:

Post a Comment