Monday, December 16, 2019

Clearing Up Confusion


John 16: 16 “A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father.”

17 Then some of His disciples said among themselves, “What is this that He says to us, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me’; and, ‘because I go to the Father’?” 18 They said therefore, “What is this that He says, ‘A little while’? We do not know what He is saying.”

============

“What do YOU want from me?” I cried out. I wasn’t really asking the question, rather I was venting frustration over the situation. I was sick and tired about being sick and tired! Enough was enough. I felt. Yet I was a bit confused. “Why do I have to go through problems anyway?”

  • There have been times when I have been confused about GOD.
  • There have been times when HIS words do not seem clear.
  • There have been times when GOD has taken me through a situation and I wondered if HE cared.


JESUS tried to explain the impossible. HE told HIS disciples that HE would die and rise again in a confusing way. This time HE said this statement in a parable rather than straight out. Even if HE said this directly, the statement would have been impossible to comprehend.

  • GOD clears up my confusion by making HIS message simple.
  • GOD clears up my confusion by telling me HE loves me and cares for me.
  • GOD clears up my confusion by enabling me to tell others HE loves them and cares for them.


There are many messages humans say about GOD that cause confusion. BUT GOD makes HIS message clear. HE says “I love you so much that when MY SON volunteered to take your punishment, I agreed and allowed HIM to be blamed. I also raised HIM from the dead and gave HIM all power.”

JESUS wants my message to be simple. “Believe in JESUS and you will have everlasting life.” Unfortunately, this simple message gets clouded with, “must do’s” that wear people out. “You must attend church weekly, and you must serve, and you must give this amount and you must pray and wear yourself out. GOD wants my service to be “easy” and my burden to be “light.” I am glad HE carried “all” the load.

  • Are you confused about GOD?
  • Do you think you have to work harder to please HIM?
  • Will you stop trying to make GOD do things and watch HIS mighty power work in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment