Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Lessons for Readiness


John 16: “These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble. They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service. And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me. But these things I have told you, that when the time comes, you may remember that I told you of them.

“And these things I did not say to you at the beginning, because I was with you.

============

In the book it said to keep a few stick matches in a dry place. I remembered this when an emergency happened and the leader had to take one of us to the hospital. “Stay here and make a fire in the fire area to stay warm.” They sped off in the rain. I did not have any matches and besides, the wood was wet. I was not ready.

  • There were times when I felt unprepared for life.
  • There were times when I did not heed the words to get me prepared.
  • There were times when I had to go through difficult circumstances in order to be prepared.


JESUS tells HIS disciples four “things” to prepare them. HE did not want HIS disciples to be unprepared for the difficulties they would face. HE does the same for me.

  • JESUS wants me to follow HIS commands so I will not stumble.
  • JESUS wants me to know that some church leaders will harm me, thinking they are following GOD, but really are not.
  • JESUS wants me to understand the HOLY SPIRIT will bring to remembrance what JESUS taught me.
  • JESUS wants me to believe that HE is with me always.


Growing up in belief of JESUS can be difficult. I mean sometimes I expect life to be easy, with no problems at all. BUT GOD warns me that problems will come from unexpected places, some that I expect to be safe. As humans try to make sense out of life, mislabeling the symptoms, GOD shines even brighter.

HE strengthens those who follows HIM and prepares us for life’s difficulties. This give me hope and dexterity that would otherwise cause me to crumble and give up. JESUS is my power and I am elated HE fights my battles.

  • Do you try things on your own and find yourself in a mess?
  • Have you looked at your life and see nothing but problems?
  • Will you give your life to JESUS so HE can strengthen you to believe HE will handle your battles?

No comments:

Post a Comment