Friday, December 6, 2019

Ignorance of The Law


John 15: 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates Me hates My Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father. 25 But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’

============

Before I stood in front of the judge, I wrote out my argument. As I watched others explain themselves, I listened intently to a similar case. “There was no sign posting the speed” said the person. I waited for the judges’ response. “Ignorance of the law is no excuse” said the judge. The person was fined more for pleading not guilty. I threw away my pitiful defense.

  • “I didn’t know that was wrong” used to be my defense.
  • ”I didn’t know I did anything bad” used to be my excuse.
  • “Everyone else is doing it” used to be my rationale for doing something wrong but justifying it being right.


JESUS explains HE is the key to fulfilling all scripture. In other words, there are some extreme declarations about humanity that could only be fulfilled by one person. JESUS said “If HE had never come, then people could not be judged for their ignorance of the Law.” So why am I accused of sin?

  • JESUS placed HIS Law in my heart when HE created me.
  • GOD threw Satan out of heaven, who in turn made the first person sin, causing me to have sin.
  • GOD declared that if anyone sins they would be eternally separated from HIM, which affected me.


Ignorance of GOD’s Law will be no excuse. JESUS placed The Word in every heart, so every human is capable of loving GOD. Unfortunately there will be some who fight the HOLY SPIRIT enough to reject HIM. GOD wants me to reach those who are rejecting HIS inherent love.

HE wants me to first admit I need HIM because all have sinned. Next, when I believe that JESUS is my Savior I can then confess HE is my only answer. Finally, HE sends me out with this belief to seek first HIS kingdom. It is all about JESUS. We hated HIM without a cause. I am grateful for HIS forgiveness.

  • Are you ignorant of your sin?
  • Do you think others are sinning and you are not?
  • Will you confess to GOD you need HIM to clean your sin daily, so you can reach others the way HE wants you to?


No comments:

Post a Comment