Tuesday, December 3, 2019

More to Life


John 15: 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

============

After working twelve hours that day, I took a break for dinner. I had a lot to do so I stayed overnight. I kept working until everyone arrived again the next day. I worked all that day as well. We did not land the account.

  • There were times when I felt like saying “What is the purpose of life?”
  • There were times when I was too busy to do anything else but work.
  • There were times when I worked until I was exhausted so I rested, only to do it again.


JESUS explains to the disciples that they were chosen for a purpose. HE wants those who follow HIM to bear fruit. This fruit is not temporary, but permanent. JESUS equipped them before they went.

  • JESUS equips me with the purpose of seeking those HE wants to save.
  • JESUS equips me with the ability to ask the FATHER to clear any barrier that impedes bearing HIS fruit.
  • JESUS equips me with love for one another as the primary weapon for bearing fruit.


There is more to life than getting stuff or fighting over getting more money to get stuff. JESUS says “Bear fruit” and that is it. Bearing fruit doesn’t have to be hard, it simply has to be done. Some places have complicated the message, guilting people into false fruit. BUT JESUS wants true fruit that lasts.

JESUS wants me to love those HE sends to me or sends me to. This will make tangible fruit that is unseen to the world but is permanent to GOD. It is not out of obligation that I bear fruit, it is because HE chose me and loved me first.

  • Are you exhausted?
  • Do you think bearing fruit requires hard work in some program or giving every last dime that you are worried about?
  • Will you take GOD’s easy yoke and allow HIM to guide you to true and permanent fruit that only you can bear?


No comments:

Post a Comment