Monday, December 2, 2019

Friendly


John 15: 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 

============

Sitting in the back seat of their car, the driver and passenger asked me questions “Do you know JESUS?” they asked. I said “Yes” and thanked them for the ride. My car had broken down and I had no idea how far the next exit was.

  • Many strangers have been very friendly to me.
  • Many strangers have shown friendliness towards me without being prompted.
  • Many strangers have done friendly things to me, even when I did not ask.


JESUS calls HIS disciples “fiends.” HE goes a step further and says “There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for friends.” This is what JESUS did. But what am I supposed to do?

  • JESUS wants me to seek opportunities to be a friend to somebody.
  • JESUS wants me to stop thinking about myself for a moment and be friendly to someone.
  • JESUS wants me to change my mind about people and be friendly instead of combative.


There is nothing I can give GOD when HE gave it all to me. I mean HE died for me. I cannot die for HIM, or can I. HE wants me to think of others with love rather than being irritated with them. Instead of being “too busy” for them, HE wants me to sacrifice my “precious” time to be there for them.

Laying down my life for a moment takes sacrifice. I may have to lay aside my comfort, pet peeves and made up human beliefs to show GOD’s love. JESUS showed me how to be a friend. HE gave me HIS word and wants me to pass it on. I can do the same, little by little.

  • Do you complain about people?
  • Are you mad at “that’ person?
  • Will you lay down your life for a moment and show the world how to be a friend to someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment