Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Joy Connection


John 15: 11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

============

During the aquarium school trip, I encountered a machine that made wax figurines. I was given an allowance but did not have enough. I had a talent for finding abandoned coins so I looked around.

I did find enough money to purchase my trophy. I was happy. I guarded it all the way home. After playing with it outside, I came in, leaving it on the grass. My neighbor’s dog ate it. I was not happy about that!

  • Over the years I have lost a lot of trophies.
  • Over the years I have had things that have broken.
  • Over the years I have had  stuff stolen from me, lost stuff or missed out on getting stuff.


JESUS wanted HIS disciples to be whole. HE knew the things of this world would result in disappointment and sorrow. Not having enough would inspire a pursuit of getting more. BUT HE had another plan.

  • GOD wants me to have joy even when I am not happy.
  • GOD wants me to be filled with HIS joy even when things seem to go wrong.
  • GOD wants me to have joy so I can overcome any issue that I face.


Joy is very different than happiness. Joy is permanent, whereas happiness is temporary and sometimes fleeting. The joy of CHRIST is to bring back those who have lost their way to HIM. HE wants me to show HIS love. But why were people lost in the first place?

One being decided he would be GOD. This being was thrown out of heaven to this world. After tempting the first human to sin, in an effort to destroy GOD’s prize, he thought he had won. All humans were lost. BUT JESUS lived a sinless life and took the punishment for humans. My fight is no longer against GOD. I have joy for HIS salvation!

  • Are you sad, lonely and depressed?
  • Does your outlook on life look bad?
  • Will you seek the joy of JESUS to get through the unhappy times?

No comments:

Post a Comment