Monday, November 4, 2019

Assurance


John 13: 21 When Jesus had said these things, He was troubled in spirit, and testified and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, one of you will betray Me.” 22 Then the disciples looked at one another, perplexed about whom He spoke.

23 Now there was leaning on Jesus’ bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved. 24 Simon Peter therefore motioned to him to ask who it was of whom He spoke.

25 Then, leaning back on Jesus’ breast, he said to Him, “Lord, who is it?”

============

While trying to move my bike over the back porch, I lost my balance and broke the bottom window of the door. Immediately I wondered how I would stay out of trouble. Would it be possible to clean up all of the glass without anyone noticing? After carefully cleaning the glass I saw the gaping hole. I had to accept the fact that I was going to get killed.

  • There have been times when I have been scared to confess.
  • There have been times when I worried about The things I have done.
  • There have been times when I spent more time thinking about my guilt than doing other things.


JESUS says something very unnerving to the disciples. “One of you will betray me.” Everyone got worried about this statement. If I were them, I probably would start recounting my recent sins and work my way back to try to account for each one. Peter was bold enough to ask “Who is it?”

  • JESUS wants me to admit I need HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to believe that HE is the only way to salvation.
  • JESUS wants me to confess that I am a sinner and the only way to be forgiven is to believe that JESUS died for me and is now alive, placed over everything by the FATHER.



Sin will make me feel like I am not saved. I mean, shouldn’t I stop sinning now that I know that GOD abhors sin? Yes, but this is very difficult. GOD knew it would be difficult and made a way back to HIM that gives me assurance. HE simply says “believe.”

When I believe in JESUS, I do not have to worry if GOD loves me or not. HE does love me, so much so, that HE died for me. Does HE need to do more? No, but HE does anyway. HE guides me daily and protects me. I am grateful for HIS deliverance.

  • Are you worried about your relationship with GOD?
  • Do you question whether there is a GOD, because you don’t seem to be getting “your way?”
  • Will you get total assurance about your future by believing that JESUS is your Savior and HIS plans are great for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment