Monday, November 25, 2019

Finding


Finding
John 15: “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

============

When I “found” the new job, I was excited. I was making two dollars more than the last job and I could work twenty hours a week instead of twelve. I could finally fix my car! I told everyone about the job I “found.”

  • One time I was searching for something and thought a job could fill it.
  • One time I was seeking something and thought I could fill it with more money.
  • One time I was longing for something and thought the problems would go away if I had more money.


JESUS says again “I AM the vine, you are the branches.” HE then tells them to “bear fruit.” If we bear fruit, it is only because JESUS lives in us. Those who do not bear fruit will be cast out. This scared me.

  • JESUS says to me “do not worry for I AM with you always.”
  • JESUS says to me “do not be afraid.”
  • JESUS says to me “you live in me and I live in you. Go make disciples of all nations, and teaching them.”


GOD wants me to bear fruit. In other words, HE wants me to point my life to HIM, not towards more buildings that “will” get burned down. HE desires to be the only message and sadly, that message is dissipating. JESUS is the primary message that needs to be preached to the lost.

HE “found” me and HE wants me to “find” others. HE sends me to seek HIS kingdom first, and if anything gets in the way of finding HIS people, I can ask and it will be given to me. This message is about bearing GOD’s fruit, not fulfilling human ego and lusts. I am grateful GOD enables me to bear HIS fruit.

  • What is your primary message?
  • Have you mentioned programs, church names and buildings, but have not mentioned JESUS?
  • Will you make JESUS your primary message without thinking people need to be “fixed” first?


No comments:

Post a Comment