Friday, November 15, 2019

You are not alone


John 14: 15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

============

As I walked around the huge crowd at the convention, I felt lonely. Everyone was smiling and laughing and I could not join in on the festivities, because I did not know anyone. Finally someone summoned me over. “Want to get drunk with us?” I went with them just to meet people. There was laughter and flirting. I felt lonelier.

  • There have been many times when I felt lonely sitting in a crowd.
  • There have been many times when I was around a crowd who were bashing “those” people and I felt lonely for not partaking.
  • There have been many times when I sat in groups that were supposed to be talking about GOD, yet they ended up talking about humans, and I felt lonely.


JESUS knew those who follow HIM would be the minority. HE spoke the truth and was about to be killed for it. HE then says to HIS disciples, “The world does not know the SPIRIT of Truth.”  “The FATHER will give you a HELPER” was a promise JESUS made to those who love HIM.

  • The HOLY SPIRIT lives in me because I believe I needed to be saved.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT begs for forgiveness to the FATHER when I sin.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT gives me the words of truth because HE is The TRUTH.


When I had no purpose, the world looked like a “fun” place. Sex, drunkenness, and wealth seemed like a truth I could buy into. BUT GOD wanted something different. HE wants me to speak the real truth about HIS SON.

Though the world my laugh at the words of salvation and ridicule even the very existence of the Most High GOD, I still persist in HIS purpose. At times I may get weary, BUT GOD gave me The HELPER who does not leave or forsake me. I am grateful for the HOLY SPIRIT who comforts me.

  • Are you alone?
  • Do you believe in GOD while those around you do not?
  • Will you draw your power from the HOLY SPIRIT today and keep going on GOD’s plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment