Monday, November 11, 2019

I Know a Place


John 14: “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

============

“You always know great places to eat” someone said to me. It was a compliment that I took to heart in my own small way. I put the restaurant’s name and what they were known for in my contact list. When someone would ask me for a restaurant, I could recommend the place and what they sold.

  • It felt great being asked for advice.
  • It felt like I was helping by providing information.
  • It felt nice that I could guide people to some enjoyment.


JESUS explained that HE was going to be murdered. HE then said “Let not your heart be troubled.” HE was trying to assure HIS disciples that HE is allowing the murder to fulfil HIS p[purpose. HE was going to prepare a place for those who believe in HIM. HE knew of a great place.

  • JESUS has risen and is preparing a place for me.
  • JESUS is alive and will return for me when HE has prepared the last place for the last person to believe in HIM.
  • JESUS told me I know the way.


“In my FATHER’s house are many mansions” shows me HE is concerned about my quality of life. But HE also knows the deceiver will try to fool me into thinking I can create a false heaven on this cursed earth.

Scratching and clawing for the “best” food, clothes, cars, houses and jobs, to sustain the above, can exhaust any time with GOD. JESUS knows a place that is right for me and that place is with HIM. HE wants my heart to seek the kingdom. I do know a place and it is with JESUS.

  • What place are you seeking?
  • Are you being led by GOD or by your own desires?
  • Will you seek GOD was your swelling place so HE can fill your empty heart today?


No comments:

Post a Comment