Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Moods


John 15: “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

============

Walking into the stall, I saw the worse use of a toilet that I had to clean up. “I hate this job” I said to myself. When I was stuck in traffic, I sat behind the “slow” driver who left gaps. “I hate drivers like that” I groused. When I confirmed my suspicions of my sneaky boss looking at “my” ideas and stealing them, I set the person up for failure. “I hate bosses like that” I said to myself. I was in a bad mood in every instance.

  • Looking back, I used the words “I hate” a lot.
  • Looking back, I thought negatively a lot.
  • Looking back, I had a lot to complain about.


JESUS implores HIS disciples to keep HIS commandments. A new commandment HE gave was for humans to “love one another”, not just tolerate them. HE said “If you keep MY commandments, you will abide in MY love.” All commandments were made off of one commandment, namely “Love one another.”

  • JESUS wants me to decrease my negativity and increase my trust in HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to look for opportunities to love those HE sends to me.
  • JESUS wants me to see HIS examples of love and follow them.


Showing love actually guides my mood. I mean when I do what GOD says and show love to “those” people, the HOLY SPIRIT gets excited. No “thank you” is needed or expected because GOD has a special reward for me each time I serve someone silently.

GOD wants me to “go” and “serve” and “teach” and “baptize” and “pray” and “praise” and “show kindness” and “have patience” and “make peace” amongst a long list of things I could do right now. I am glad HE showed me examples of HIS love.

  • Are you complaining a lot?
  • What are you thankful for?
  • Will you lift your spiritual eyes up and give thanks today?
  • Will you show love to all those HE brings to your mind?


No comments:

Post a Comment